Monday, March 15, 2010

Your Blessing May Not Come with Balloons and Confetti and Huge Party

I was talking to a friend of mine last night about blessings. And it got me thinkin about my own testimony. Now many of you all don't know or may, but I am not a signed artist. I don't have a budget. Everything you have bear-witnessed has all been because of blessings, from God. Before I went on tour with Raekwon I was praying for a sponsor, whether a private sponsor or a corporate sponsor. I was worried about how am I gonna tour 25 cities with no money. I didn't get paid for my shows, it was more of a promotional situation.

So I am stressin' but I stepped out on faith and headed on tour. I brought cd's and t-shirts to sell so at least I can make money that way. Every day I was on tour God provided exactly what I needed, to go to the next city, gas,tolls, hotels, food and even extra money to buy certain things. Some supporters of my music came up to me gave me $50 for a $10 cd cuz they really loved what I represented. Certain celeb friends that came to my show, put a couple of hundreds in my pocket without me even asking for it. Raekwon and his Icewater team took care of my hotel in several cities and also fed me and my team. By day 3 I wasn't stressin financially on the tour because I realized my prayers were being answered. I asked God for money to make sure myself and my team are comfortable for the Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 tour, and we were.

My blessing didn't come with a HUGE $50k check, it came with God providing exactly what I needed day by day. While others spend btw $10,000-$20,000 on national tours, I only spent $2500 total and broke even with all of God's blessings.

Many of us are promised many things from God, and we sit back day to day frustrated by the house, or the car, or the husband/wife God promised us and it still isn't there. Maybe you did recieve God's promise but you were waiting for balloons,confetti and a huge party you didn't pay attention to the house  you got offered below market price, yeah it didn't have 6 bedrooms that you envisioned but it had a HUGE backyard you can add your additional rooms to, or you passed buy the car that was a color red but was safe and no note on it, or even you passed by the person in the corner that said "hello" but you ignored them for the top model or the basketball player that wouldn't love you as dear and near than the person you passed up.  So, when God does bless you and then you don't recognize it He takes it away, have you go through some more experiences to mature you for the next time he blesses you, your able to recognize it. Remember blessings don't always come with balloons and confetti. A sister friend of mine said to me, "When God is about to bless you HE isolates you, because HE wants the glory and praise!"

--Queen YoNasDa

No comments:

Post a Comment